Hearts on Fire
Today’s 4th Day Letter is my shortest ever. To convey my thoughts each week I write on average 1400 words. In today’s email I forsake my usual verbosity in favor of succinctness. Today the Bible verse that I wanted to elaborate on says it all with no explanation needed. So allow me to simply share this Bible verse and rather than me expounding on it, I am asking you to reflect on a few questions in prayer.
“Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us?” Luke 24:32
- Let me ask you, is your heart burning for God?
- Is the news of Jesus Christ as Savior of the world so alive in your life that you cannot contain yourself from sharing this good news with everyone?
- If not, why not?
- What is it in your life that has become your spiritual fire extinguisher?
- If your heart’s flame has gone out, what will it take to set your heart on fire again for our God?
- What one specific thing can you do today to fan the flame?
- Are you willing to DO IT?
It only takes a spark to get a fire going, and soon all those around can warm up in its glowing, Holy Spirit, be that spark in my life today that makes my heart burn for Jesus, amen!
Latest posts by Brian Pusateri (see all)
- Competing Voices - May 28, 2023
- Sharing His Kingship - May 21, 2023
- Choosing To Conform - May 15, 2023
Leave a Comment