Today’s 4th Day Letter is my shortest ever. To convey my thoughts each week I write on average 1400 words. In today’s email I forsake my usual verbosity in favor of succinctness. Today the Bible verse that I wanted to elaborate on says it all with no explanation needed. So allow me to simply share this Bible verse and rather than me expounding on it, I am asking you to reflect on a few questions in prayer.
“Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us?” Luke 24:32
- Let me ask you, is your heart burning for God?
- Is the news of Jesus Christ as Savior of the world so alive in your life that you cannot contain yourself from sharing this good news with everyone?
- If not, why not?
- What is it in your life that has become your spiritual fire extinguisher?
- If your heart’s flame has gone out, what will it take to set your heart on fire again for our God?
- What one specific thing can you do today to fan the flame?
- Are you willing to DO IT?
It only takes a spark to get a fire going, and soon all those around can warm up in its glowing, Holy Spirit, be that spark in my life today that makes my heart burn for Jesus, amen!