Time travel….is it really possible? Well, at least for now, traveling back in time is not possible….but who knows, maybe one day it will be. I’ll leave that for the physicists of the world to explore. But imagine for a moment, that you could travel back to the time of Jesus. What events during His lifetime would you most want to be present for? Let’s investigate this question a little further. Please read more….
The possibility of traveling forwards or backwards in time has long fascinated modern man. Time Tunnel was an American television show that first appeared on air in 1966. In this show, Project Tic-Toc was a top secret U.S. government effort to build an experimental time machine known as “The Time Tunnel.” In the show the two lead characters Tony and Doug traveled back in time and became active participants in past events like: the sinking of the Titanic, the attack on Pearl Harbor, the eruption of Krakatoa, Custer’s Last Stand, and the Battle of the Alamo among others. The good news for them was there was always someone back in the control room standing by who could bring them back home just before the disaster struck. It made for good science fiction.
- Nazareth to hear the Angel Gabriel announced to Mary that she was to bear the Son of God
- Nazareth to observe Jesus growing up
- Bethlehem to be present for the birth of Christ
- The Jordan River to witness the Baptism of our Lord
- Cana of Galilee to see Jesus turn water into wine
- The Sea of Galilee to watch Jesus walk on water
- Capharnaum to observe Jesus saying to Peter and Andrew “Follow me and I will make you fishers of men.”
- Capharnaum to hear Jesus tell everyone that they must eat His Body and Drink His blood in order to have life within them
- Tabgha to sit among the crowd as Jesus fed over 5,000 people with just with five loaves and two fish
- Mount Tabor to witness the Transfiguration
- On the mountain to be present for the Sermon on the Mount
- Overlooking the City as Jesus wept over Jerusalem and foretold its destruction
- Seated at the table in the upper room for the Last Supper
- Present in the Garden of the Gethsemane during Jesus’ agony, betrayal and arrest
- Near the fire in the courtyard to hear Peter deny knowing Jesus three times
- Walking next to Jesus as He carries His cross
- At Calvary looking up at Jesus as He dies on the cross
- Present at the tomb to witness Jesus rising from the dead
- Looking up into the sky as Jesus ascended into Heaven
Well, of course we all know we can’t go back in time to witness any of these events. It would however be interesting to be among a group of Christian friends and ask everyone to answer this question: “If it were possible to go back in time to be present for ONLY ONE of the events listed above, which would you choose and why?” I encourage you to bring this question up the next time you are gathered with your Christian friends.
Let me ask you this, have you ever been to church and had the opportunity to hear a priest or minister preach on one of these stories from the Gospels, after they had actually visited one of these Biblical locations? They seem to have an inspired ability to bring those Gospel stories to life. Just listening to them, makes you almost feel like you are there.
I don’t know about you, but I have always wanted to travel to the Holy Land. For many people this is simply not financially possible. For those individuals, they must be content to listen to others recount their stories of having been there. As most of you know, my health is declining and my mobility has been impacted by my Multiple Sclerosis. I decided that if I was ever going to go to the Holy Land, I needed to go sooner rather than later before my condition worsens.
With this in mind I have planned a Pilgrimage to the Holy Land in February of 2019 and I want you all to come along with me. I believe this will be a trip of a lifetime. All of the details can be found by clicking this link. Please sign up early because space is limited.
The reality is there are no time machines, and going back in time is not possible. Therefore, traveling to a historic location is as good as it gets. I can’t think of a more historic place to visit than the lands where Jesus lived and preached. I hope you can all join me for this very special trip. I would love to personally meet the many people who read my 4th Day Letters.
If you are unable to join me, I promise you, that I will work hard to bring these locations and stories to life in all of my future writings following my trip in February. For now, I once again encourage you to take the question above to your next gathering of Christian friends. I feel certain it will lead to an engaging conversation.
Heavenly Father, my imagination is stirred with wonder, thinking about what it would have been like to be present when your Son Jesus walked on this earth. If it is your will, open the doors to make this trip possible. If not, please fill my wonder with the teachings of those who have been there, Amen!
As always, I love to read your comments below as well as hear from you personally by clicking here.
I have a very exciting announcement.
I am going to the Holy Land and I am hoping many of you will join me. Click the link below for the details. Hurry sign up now. Don’t delay.
$3,499; 11 Days – Airfare Included from Anywhere in the US Dates: February 18-28, 2019
Jerusalem • Bethlehem • Nazareth • Galilee • Via Crucis • Last Supper • Gethsemane • Dormition • Nativity Church • Capernaum • Tel Aviv